How To Measure Ring Size With String, Paper & Ruler
If you're shopping for someone else, the best way to find his or her ring size is to ask. If you're planning a surprise, get help from friends and family. They can ask without raising any eyebrows. The average ring size available for women ranges from size 3 to size 9. The most commonly purchased women's rings range between size 5 and size 7. Size 6 is the most popular. The average ring size available for men ranges from size 6 to size 13. The most commonly purchased men's rings range between size 8 to 10-½. Size 9 is the most popular. These standard ring sizes can help guide you in the right direction. There are also a number of at-home methods to find your ring size
Measure Your Ring Size With These Steps:
- Wrap string or paper around the base of your finger.
- Mark the point where the ends meet with a pen.
- Measure the string or paper with a ruler (mm).
- Pick the closest measurement on the ring size chart to find your ring size.
When it comes to finding your ring size, timing is everything. Measure in the morning when your body is cool - that way swelling won't affect the measurement.
- This might seem obvious, but make sure to measure the finger you plan to wear your ring on. Dominant-side fingers are usually a bit larger than fingers on your opposite hand.
- A tip to remember: a wider band means a tighter fit. Consider a bit of wiggle room if you're going bold.
- Large knuckles can make sizing tricky. Find a size that allows you to slip the ring over your knuckles but isn't loose enough to fall off.