Questions and Answers
“There are people all over the world who carry the mermaid inside them.”
— Carolyn Turgeon.
How do you ship my purchase?
- Each order is shipped to you via USPS First Class Mail. A tracking number will be sent to the email address you provide at the time of your order. If you need your order sooner, please contact AJL prior to ordering at email@example.com to set up a custom listing with priority shipping. AJL ships to the address provided during checkout. Please make sure this information is correct and current.
Do you ship internationally?
- Yes. Free Shipping promotions does not apply on international orders, please contact AJL prior to ordering at firstname.lastname@example.org for shipping cost.
- Customs & Duty - International orders may be subject to local charges. Any customs or import duties are charged once the parcel reaches its destination country. These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel. AJL has no control over these charges and doesn't know what they will be. AJL cannot be held responsible for any additional charges on your order, nor will AJL accept a return of the order in this case. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs office for further information. If you refuse to pay these charges your parcel may be abandoned, and AJL will not be held responsible for any loss of funds as a result of this occurrence.
How long will it take for my purchase to arrive?
- AJL current turnaround time for ready to ship items received before 3pm will, be sent on the following business day. Those orders received after 3pm will be sent on the day after the next business day. For made to order please note that each piece is made in my studio at the time of that order. Due to the handmade processes involved in each piece please allow 14 business days, creating and processing time can be shorter or longer depending on type of piece and time of year.
What to do if your package hasn't arrived?
- If tracking information states your packaged was delivered, please contact your local post office. Please understand that refunds and replacements will not be issued for lost items by the USPS. If you would like shipping insurance, please contact at email@example.com PRIOR to making your purchase.
Return & Exchange policy
- Please send AJL an email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of the receipt of your order. After AJL receives your email, AJL will send you an address where to ship your return. Please send your return items in a rigid cardboard box or bubble-padded envelope. AJL recommends that you insure your package as AJL is not responsible for product returns that arrive to us damaged, and will not credit you for these items. AJL can not refund earrings due to state laws.
- AJL agrees to reimburse or exchange any product delivered to you that arrives in a faulty or damaged condition. If AJL is unable at the time of return to replace or exchange returned items, AJL will reimburse your credit card for the amount initially debited for the purchase.
- You can exchange or refund any undamaged product that is not a custom or made to order purchase from AJL as long as it is returned unused and with proof of purchase within 14 days of purchase. If undamaged goods are returned to us for exchange/refund, AJL does not refund any packing and postage charges. Return of undamaged goods for exchange/refund is entirely at your cost and risk.
- Due to health regulations AJL is unable to refund or exchange on pierced earring purchases.
- Please note, all custom and made to order pieces are non-refundable.
- Returns must be deemed by AJL to be in their original condition and packaging before a refund will be issued. AJL will only refund return regular mail postage if you are returning an incorrect or defective item. For all other returns please kindly ensure that sufficient postage is affixed to the package. Any return postage or shipping charges paid by AJL for packages that are not for incorrect or defective items will be deducted from the refund provided.
How do I care for my jewelry?
- Always remove your jewelry especially pieces made with resin before swimming, bathing, or using abrasive cleaners. If you need to clean your jewelry, please use an appropriate jewelry cleaner/wipe. Avoid direct contact with beauty products such as perfume, hairspray, lotions, body oils and other cosmetics while wearing your jewelry, this will slow your piece from tarnishing over time. When your jewelry is not in use, you should store it in an airtight plastic ziplock bag with the anti-tarnish strip that is included with each purchase.